GSCA currently has professional learning unit opportunities by attending the annual conference. We offer the following opportunities:
- PLU: administered by NE GA RESA, when you turn in your PLU form at the annual conference GSCA submits to NE GA RESA for processing.
- A PLU is a unit of credit based on 10 contact hours of formal instruction or its equivalent (preparation phase) and on verification that the intent of the formal instruction has been implemented on the job (on-the-job performance phase) or on mastery verification conducted during the preparation phase.
- The minimum contact time for one PLU activity shall be 10 contact hours (one PLU). Training activities for more than one PLU shall be in multiples of 10 contact hours. Partial PLUs or fractions of PLUs may not be awarded. No more than eight contact hours of instruction shall be conducted per day with a maximum of four PLUs earned per week.
- NBCC: GSCA annually applies for use of ASCA's NBCC provider number, making hours received at the GSCA conference eligible for continuing education for your NBCC certification. GSCA submits this information to ASCA on your behalf.
- NBCC credit is granted on an hour-by-hour basis, with a maximum determined for each conference/event
- CEU: you will retain a copy of your form and are responsible for tracking and submitting to the appropriate certifying body
- CEUs are typically granted on an hour-by-hour basis, but please check with the appropriate certifying body to verify
Information for GSCA Conference Attendees
- For those who are registered for conference, you must indicate in your conference registration that you would be needing PLU/CEU/NBCC hour credit.
- A $10.00 registration fee is charged for receiving either or both CEU credit, PLU credit, or NBCC credit hours for this year’s conference.
- You will receive a triplicate Professional Development form in your registration packet if you have registered and paid the $10.00 fee.
- At the conference you will be responsible for filling out the form indicating which sessions and events you have attended.
- Directions will be included in your conference packet, which will give you specific steps to follow if you are receiving PLU credit through NE GA RESA.
- At the end of the conference you will sign and date the form and remove the bottom copy for your personal use. The other two copies will be placed in the box labeled CEU/PLU/NBCC and will be filed with the granting agency either NE GA RESA for PLU’s or ASCA for NBCC credit hours.
- If you are filing for PLU credits it is your responsibility to follow the directions in your packet for signing up on line with NE GA RESA. Transcripts will be provided from NE GA RESA, not GSCA. If you are filing for NBCC credit hours, no further action is required. If you are filing for CEUs, you will need to track your own hours and submit to the preferred licensing body.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLU Registration Process
First Time Registrants
- Go to the RESA Home Page (http://www.negaresa.org)
- Go to the right hand side, and click "Professional Learning/Registration" in the navigation.
- Hover your mouse over "Courses/Workshops" and click on "Create Profile" if not already registered with NE GA RESA.
- Follow the steps outlined.
- Hit submit.
If your profile is already in the Northeast Georgia RESA database, please take a minute to review and make corrections. Follow step 1 and 2 above. When you get to step 3, click on "Login/Review Profile." If you have a new email address than the one in your profile, please email email@example.com to update this information.
Participants’ transcripts will be posted to their profile upon receipt of paperwork from the instructor/conference coordinator. Turnaround time for transcripts to be posted is approximately two weeks from date of receipt of completed paperwork. Please do not contact RESA before then, to get information on how to get copy of transcript.
Participant will receive the following email once transcript has been posted to participant’s profile.
TO PRINT OUT COPY OF TRANSCRIPT:
Please go to http://www.negaresa.org, PL Courses, "Review Your Profile", click on “Transcript” (which is to the left of the course title), to print out a copy of your transcript for your files.
TO SEND COPY TO SYSTEM CERTIFICATION PERSON:
Click on Transcript link, go to File in your menu bar at the top of the screen, click on Send to and type in the email address of the person you wish to send copy of transcript. Please let me know if you have any problems with downloading this file.
If you have attended a past conference or GSCA event and need to check on your PLU status, please contact:
Northeast Georgia RESA
375 Winter Street
Winterville, GA 30683
phone: (706) 742-8292
fax: (706) 742-8928