The mission of the Georgia School Counselors Association is to enhance the identity and growth of all Professional School Counselors in the state of Georgia by developing and providing programs and services that lead to improved outcomes for the students being served.
As members of GSCA, we believe:
- all students, grades K – 12, deserve access to school counseling services
- the nature and substance of school counseling programs should be comprehensive, developmental, and continuous
- on-going enhancement of school counseling skills and knowledge to benefit children is essential.
all people have value and deserve respect and dignity
- counseling services provided to students and schools should be data driven with appropriate accountability components
- all students should be taught skills that lead to developing competencies in the three areas of academic, career, and social.